Oscilloscope is one kind of electrical measurement equipment with wide application. It could transfer invisible electrical signal to visible image to facilitate people research change processes of all kinds of electricity phenomenon. Oscilloscope use narrow electron beam which consists high-speed electronics and project onto screen coated with fluorescent substance to produce small spot (this is original working principle of analog oscilloscopes. Under the function of measured signal, electronics like the point of a pen which could on screen describe change curve of measured signal during instantaneous value. An oscilloscope can be used to observe the waveform curves of various signal amplitudes varying with time. It could also be used to measure various electricity, such as voltage, current, frequency, phase, amplitude modulation and etc.
(1) pre-adjusting: counterclockwise rotate the brightness button to the bottom, shift vertical and horizontal positions to the middle, set the attenuation gear at the highest level, place scan “outside X gear”
(2) turn on the power, do following steps waiting for one or two minutes after the indicator light is on
(3) adjust luminance first, then adjust the focus, adjust vertical and horizontal displacement to make the light point in center of suitable area.
(4) adjust scan, scan fine tuning and X gain, observe scan.
(5) adjust outside X gear to suitable scan range, observe the voltage waveform according to sine and cosines law on vertical direction inside the device.
(6) Connect the applied voltage to be studied to oscilloscope through Y input and earth. Adjust all gears to suitable position and observe waveform (the picture changes with time) (the synchronous polarity switch can make the starting point of the image start from positive half cycle or negative half cycle.)
(7) If you want to observe the vertical migration of light spot (with one added DC voltage), could adjust scan to “outside X gear”.
(1) Insert oscilloscope probe into channel 1 hole and set the attenuation gear on the probe to “1” gear.
(2) Set the channel to CH1 and coupled mode to DC gear.
(3) Insert the probe into the pinhole of the calibration signal source, and the light trace appears on the oscilloscope screen
(4) Adjust the vertical and horizontal switches to get stable waveform on the screen. And place the vertical and horizontal fine tuning in the calibration position.
(5) The amplitude of the calibration signal is obtained by multiplying the number of cells occupied by the waveform in the vertical direction by the indicated value of the vertical attenuation knob.
(6) The number of bars occupied by each period of the waveform in the horizontal direction is multiplied by the indicating value of the horizontal scanning knob to obtain the period of the calibration signal (the inverse of the period is the frequency).
In general, the frequency of the calibration signal is 1kHz and the amplitude is 0.5v, which is used to calibrate the internal scanning oscillator frequency of the oscilloscope. If it is abnormal, the corresponding potentiometer of the oscilloscope (internal) should be adjusted until it is consistent.