Basic principle and measuring method of analytical oscilloscope
Oscilloscope is a widely used electronic measuring instrument. It can transform the invisible electric signal to the naked eye into the visible image, which is convenient for people to study the change process of various electric phenomena. A oscilloscope USES a narrow beam of high-speed electrons, struck on a surface coated with fluorescent material, to produce tiny points of light (this is how a traditional analog oscilloscope works). Under the action of the measured signal, the electron beam ACTS like the tip of a pen and can plot the instantaneous value of the measured signal on the screen. Use oscilloscope to be able to observe all sorts of different signal amplitude the waveform curve that changes with time, still can use it to test all sorts of different electric quantity, be like voltage, current, frequency, phase difference, amplitude modulation.
(1) Presetting: rotate the brightness knob counterclockwise to the bottom, move the vertical and horizontal position to the middle, and the attenuation is placed in the highest level, and the scanning is placed in the "outer X gear";
(2) Turn on the power again, and wait for one or two minutes after the light is on for preheating before carrying out relevant operations;
(3) First adjust the grayscale, then focus, and then adjust the horizontal and vertical displacement to make the highlights in the center of the appropriate area;
(4) Adjust scanning, scanning fine tuning and X gain, observe scanning;
(5) Unplug the outer X gear to the appropriate position in the scanning range file, and observe the voltage waveform in the vertical direction changing according to the law of sines and cosines provided by the machine;
(6) To study the external voltage from Y input and indirectly into the oscilloscope, adjust each gear to the appropriate position, you can observe the voltage waveform (and time changes of the image)(synchronous polarity switch can make the starting point of the image from the positive half cycle or negative half cycle start;
(7) If you want to observe the vertical offset of bright spot (such as when applied with a constant current voltage), you can adjust the scan to "outer X gear".
(different oscilloscopes may operate in different ways), etc.
(1) Insert the oscilloscope probe into the socket of channel 1, and put the attenuation on the probe into "1" gear;
(2) Put channel selection in CH1 and coupling mode in DC file;
(3) Insert the probe into the pinhole of the calibration signal source, and the light trace appears on the oscilloscope screen;
(4) Adjust the vertical knob and horizontal knob to stabilize the waveform displayed on the screen, and put the vertical fine-tuning and horizontal fine-tuning in the calibration position;
(5) The number of cells occupied by the waveform in the vertical direction is multiplied by the indicating value of the vertical attenuation knob to obtain the amplitude of the calibration signal.
(6) The number of bars occupied by each period of the waveform in the horizontal direction is multiplied by the indicating value of the horizontal scanning knob to obtain the period of the calibration signal (the inverse of the period is the frequency).
(7) In general, the frequency of the calibration signal is 1kHz and the amplitude is 0.5v, which is used to calibrate the internal scanning oscillator frequency of the oscilloscope. If it is abnormal, the corresponding potentiometer of the oscilloscope (internal) should be adjusted until it is consistent.
Analog and digital oscilloscope in the observation of the details of the waveform, which has the advantage?
1. Which is more advantageous, analog or digital oscilloscope, in looking at the details of the waveform (e.g., looking at parasitic waveforms of less than 1% at zero and peak crossing)?
2. Digital oscilloscope generally provides online display of root mean square value, its accuracy is generally what?
Answer: 1) observe parasitic waveform of less than 1%. The observation accuracy is not very good either in analog oscilloscope or digital oscilloscope. The vertical accuracy of the analog oscilloscope may not be higher than that of the digital oscilloscope. For example, the vertical accuracy of the analog oscilloscope with a certain 500MHz bandwidth is ±3%, which is not more advantageous than that of the digital oscilloscope (usually the accuracy is 1-2%). Moreover, the automatic measurement function of the digital oscilloscope is more accurate than the manual measurement of the analog oscilloscope for details.
Basic principle and measuring method of oscilloscope
Oscilloscope is one kind of electrical measurement equipment with wide application. It could transfer invisible electrical signal to visible image to facilitate people research change processes of all kinds of electricity phenomenon. Oscilloscope use narrow electron beam which consists high-speed electronics and project onto screen coated with fluorescent substance to produce small spot (this is original working principle of analog oscilloscopes. Under the function of measured signal, electronics like the point of a pen which could on screen describe change curve of measured signal during instantaneous value. An oscilloscope can be used to observe the waveform curves of various signal amplitudes varying with time. It could also be used to measure various electricity, such as voltage, current, frequency, phase, amplitude modulation and etc.
(1) pre-adjusting: counterclockwise rotate the brightness button to the bottom, shift vertical and horizontal positions to the middle, set the attenuation gear at the highest level, place scan “outside X gear”
(2) turn on the power, do following steps waiting for one or two minutes after the indicator light is on
(3) adjust luminance first, then adjust the focus, adjust vertical and horizontal displacement to make the light point in center of suitable area.
(4) adjust scan, scan fine tuning and X gain, observe scan.
(5) adjust outside X gear to suitable scan range, observe the voltage waveform according to sine and cosines law on vertical direction inside the device.
In general, the frequency of the calibration signal is 1kHz and the amplitude is 0.5v, which is used to calibrate the internal scanning oscillator frequency of the oscilloscope. If it is abnormal, the corresponding potentiometer of the oscilloscope (internal) should be adjusted until it is consistent.