GW Instek MSO-2102EA 100 MHz, 2-Ch. Digital Storage Oscilloscope
100 MHz bandwidth
Equipped with a 16-Channel Logic Analyzer and a dual channel 25 MHz arbitrary waveform generator
Real time sample rate for each channel is 1GSa/s
Free Frequency Response Analyzer Software (Download from manufacture website only)
Maximum 10M memory depth and VPO waveform display technology
Waveform update rate up to 120,000 wfms/s
8" WVGA TFT LCD screen display
Maximum 1M FFT provides higher frequency domain resolution measurements
High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass Filter Functions
29,000 segmented memory sections and waveform search function
I2C/SPI/UART/CAN/LIN serial bus trigger and decoding functions
Data log function is able to track signal changes up to 100 hours
Network storage function
How to choose digital oscilloscope?
How to choose oscilloscope reasonably as the price difference of oscilloscope nearly 50 times between low-grade with high-grade.
The relationship between the bandwidth selection and the highest signal frequency to be measured is needed if accurate measurements are required. Let’s check below example, there is one pulse signal with 50 MHZ, to ensure scope of signal and accuracy of rising delay, the bandwidth of oscilloscope should be 3-5 times of measured signal’s frequency and the accurate measurement should be 8-10 times or more.
Sine wave: as usual, need more than 5 sampling sites during one period as the waveform will be more close to the actual one with more sampling sites.
Pulse wave: rising delay should be more than 5 sampling sites.
Accurate measurement rising delay should be more than 10 sampling sites.
3. Record length: record length=sample*scanning speed*10, it could also be called waveform observation time.
4. Trigger function: ensure that the measured signal can be captured and synchronized to facilitate the observation and analysis of the measured waveform
Trigger methods: automatic trigger, normal trigger and single trigger
Two kinds of trigger function
1) Edge trigger: all digital oscilloscopes have this function, It refers to positive edge, negative edge trigger, window trigger, before trigger and after trigger.
2) Smart trigger：This is considered perfectly in high-grade oscilloscopes. currently there are: delay trigger, sequence trigger, burr trigger, interval trigger, leakage logic surface trigger, TV trigger, this trigger......
5. Analysis function: Should have very strong automatic processing, computation, test and analysis ability of signal
1) Shape and parameters pass/fail automatic test function
2) Advanced function processing: average, differential, polar, exponential, logarithm, power, square root, envelope, high score system, etc.
3）FFT spectrum operation function from 10k-4m point, with power spectrum, power density, phase vector, imaginary part, real part and other measurements;
4）The direct square analysis can be used for the stability calculation of the direct square test signal from 500 points to 8M points according to various parameters
5）Waveform parameter Trend analysis function, Jitter and time analysis;
6) Could open 2-8 windows to observe original waveform and processed waveform simultaneously.
X-Y display and X-Y+X-T and Y-T display are provided, can also carry on the vernier measurement makes it specially suitable for vector diagram analysis of digital communication signals.
6. Record and print signal
1) Can be stored in a test line on a floppy and hard disk, and can be read on a PC. Some digital oscilloscopes are equipped with built-in, convenient to print and analyze long time signal;
2) Some oscilloscopes also provide VGA interface.
How to use digital oscilloscope to distinguish analog bandwidth from digital real - time bandwidth?
Bandwidth is one vital index of oscilloscope. Bandwidth of analog oscilloscope is one certain value, however, bandwidth of digital oscilloscope has two kinds, analog bandwidth and digital real-time bandwidth. Digital oscilloscope to repeating the signal in a sequential sampling and random sampling technology can achieve the maximum bandwidth of the oscilloscope digital real-time bandwidth, real-time digital bandwidth and the highest frequency and digital waveform reconstruction technology related factor K = (digital real-time bandwidth digital highest rate/K), generally not directly given as an indicator. It can be seen from the definition of the two kinds of bandwidths that the analog bandwidths are only suitable for the measurement of repeated periodic signals, while the digital real-time bandwidths are suitable for the measurement of repeated signals and single signals at the same time.
The manufacturer claims the bandwidth of oscilloscope can achieve how many megabytes, it is analog bandwidth actually, digital real time bandwidth is below this value. For example, if the bandwidth of an oscilloscope is 500MHz, it actually means that its analog bandwidth is 500MHz, while the highest digital real-time bandwidth can only reach 400MHz, which is much lower than the analog bandwidth. Therefore, when measuring a single signal, it is necessary to refer to the digital real-time bandwidth of the digital oscilloscope, otherwise it will bring unexpected errors to the measurement.